The Floundering was nominated for an award!!! I know crazy right. I am so honored that Jackie at Indecisively Blogging (she’s a fellow awkward girl, you must check her out), nominated me for the Liebster Award.
I had no idea what a Liebster Award was but I’m pretty excited about it. After some Googling, (I Google everything, well more like Yahoo everything) I found out that this is a cool way for you all to get know me plus check out some of my new favorite blogs.
Sounds like fun, right?! Well lets get to it. Below are the rules I had to follow:
Liebster Award Rules
-11 facts about yourself
-Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you
-Nominate 11 new bloggers and set 11 questions for them to answer.
11 Facts about Me
- My favorite fruit is green grapes, the more sour the better
- I’m a Texan but I rarely say y’all
- I wanted to be an Opera Singer when I grew up, then I changed my mind
- I wanted to be Alanis Morrisette when I grew up, yep true story
- I wanted to marry Tevin Campbell
- Later I demoted Tevin to bff and replaced him with AJ McLean
- I’m obsessed with the show History Detectives on PBS
- I watch Antique Roadshow every Monday night
- I watch This Old House every Saturday morning
- I love PBS (obviously)
- When I was 3 I ask my mom to change my name to Amy cause it only had 3 letters.
1. What is your most embarrassing moment?
I feel like I have had so many embarrassing moments in my life but the one I haven’t been able to live down occurred the day I got my sorority bid. Like any other freshman I decided to take a nap after my last class of the day. When suddenly I was awaken by the noise of loud singing. I ignored it at first but as the sound got closer I had to see what was up. Wrapped in my comforter , groggily I peaked outside my door only to see 40+ girls singing and clapping. At first I was shocked and confused then I realized I looked a hot mess in front of a pose of perky sorority girls. In efforts to quickly regroup, I tried to slightly close the door a tad just so I could drop the blanket and wipe any gunk out of my eyes (gross I know). My intention was to play it off like I was reaching for a pen with out closing the door all the way. But see this was the problem, I live in a 100 year old dorm and when the windows in the room were open it created this weird suction effect. Not only did the door close in their face it slammed so incredibly hard the walls shook a little. If I was pale enough to turn bright red I would have been the same color as Elmo. When I opened the door the look on their face was priceless. I’m surprised they didn’t snatch their bid back and walk away.
2. If you had to have the same thing for dinner every night for the rest of your life, what would you want that dinner to be?
3. If you could invite one celebrity over for dinner, who would that be? Why?
Pink; Anyone who knows me knows I’m obsessed with Pink. We would laugh and have a great conversation. We would talk about empowering women, baby Willow and her tattoos, then she would perform a kick butt aerial routine.
4. What is your favorite movie?
Love and Basketball
5. What are your top 3 guilty pleasures?
Ok don’t tell anyone but they are, the movie Glitter, Ke$ha, and Wasabi Mayo
6. What is the most embarrassing song on your iPod?
See You Again- Miley Cyrus
7. If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
Ahhh this is the hardest question ever I have 2 Cuz I Can by Pink and No Reason at All by Jonathan Reid Gealt sung by Katie Thompson
8. If you had the chance to be a contestant on a game show, which game show would you pick?
Press Your Luck- No Wammys No Wammys!
9. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Cookie’s and Cream!
10. What is your favorite book?
32 Candles- Its a crazy story about a late bloomers revenge against her hometown bullies but things don’t quite turn out as planned.
11. What websites do you visit most frequently?
Pinterest– I’m obsessed
ASOS– Love their Clothes
Apartment Therapy– One day I will be a professional DIY’er
Blogs I Nominate
It’s been hard to find blogs that I read that haven’t been nominated for a Liebster Award already. So my 11 is more like 6. Gosh I’m such a rebel!
- Ears Like a Hawke
- Julielle Sears
- Honeysuckle and Lace
- Maybe I’m Amazed
- Sweatpants and a Tiara
- A Geek Tragedy
Questions for the Nominated Blogs
- What’s your favorite PBS show?
- If you could go any where in the world, where would you go and why?
- Crunchy Tacos or Soft Tacos?
- How did you come up with the title of your blog?
- Would you rather be weird or normal? Why?
- What’s the last show your binged watched?
- Backstreet Boys or N’Sync?
- What the last concert you went to?
- Big City or Small town?
- What clubs/organizations were you in during college?
- What’s your favorite magazine?